We are able to offer financial support to a limited number of students and young researchers who cannot find an alternative source of funding to participate in CONFEST 2022.
Our support can cover:
- the full conference fee (realized as a conference fee waiver), including participation in all conference sessions, coffee breaks, and one ticket to the conference dinner,
- accommodation in Warsaw, in a hotel provided by the conference organizers, for the duration of the conference.
In exceptional circumstances, we may be able to cover travel costs to and from Warsaw. We are unable to reimburse visa-related costs.
To apply for support:
- Register for the conference normally via our webpage: confest2022.mimuw.edu.pl/registration,
- Do NOT send any payment to us until your application for support is decided,
- Send an applicaton by e-mail to email@example.com as soon as you register, and by July 21 at the latest, using the subject "grant". In the email provide the following items:
- your name and afilliation;
- name of your supervisor (if you are currently a student) or date of obtaining your PhD degree (if you are not);
- whether you wish to apply for accommodation, for travel, or for a conference fee waiver only;
- whether you have a paper accepted for one of CONFEST 2022 conferences and/or workshops, and whether you will be presenting the paper yourself or not;
- letter of support from a faculty member of your academic institution. The letter should contain a short explanation of the reason(s) why financial support is required.
Applications will be decided at the discretion of the Organizing Committee. Priority will be given to:
- authors of papers accepted for CONFEST 2022 conferences and workshops,
- current PhD students,
- citizens of countries where access to travel funds is difficult.
You will receive the decision by July 31. If you apply before the early registration deadline and your application is later denied, you will be expected to pay the early registration fee for the events you registered for.
If you receive support from us, we may ask you for a little help with some organisational tasks during the conference. This is unlikely to happen though, and if it does, we will arrange it so that it does not interfere with your participation in the event.
If you have any questions about this procedure, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.